Tuesday 15 February 2011

SUCCESS POINTERS FOR OUR LOCAL ENTREPRENEURS

As an Entrepreneur myself, and owner of Danmil Attorneys in Gordon's Bay.

I have often wondered what holds the keys to success for my fellow Entrepreneurs.

After much browsing I came across an interesting article from Nokia. I decided to

share it with you with the hope of encouraging you to grow in success with your own

businesses.


WE CAN LEARN FROM NOKIA

  • “Do not underestimate your competitors,
  • Understand the internal and external risk factors that may affect your business growth and survival;
  • Understand market changes and dynamics;
  • Ensure that you understand the requirements of your target market;
  • Keep up with technology;
  • Create a culture of continued improvement;
  •  Approach innovation as an asset and apply the principles to all areas of your business;
  • Properly segment your target market;
  • Cheaper is not always a better alternative;
  • Protect your brand perception and reputation;
  • Involve your employees at all levels as part of your business approach to excellence; and
  • Your past successes do not guarantee future success or growth.”
(Taken from an article by Stephen Elop)

Nokia started as a small business and today has grown to be a successful economic giant. We may not all want our businesses to grow to that size, but I think we can learn from them. It is my wish at Danmil Attorneys, in Gordon’s Bay that my fellow Entrepreneurs in Gordons Bay continue to expand and grow in success. I hope that I have shared something of value with each of you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here as your views are important to us!